Saturday, August 15, 2015

BEDTIME








Books were introduced to Angel pretty early on, I believe I started reading to him right about the time that he was able to hold his head up. It became a habit to read to Angel during bedtime, but of course this is where the disclaimer sort of fits in, It wasn't on a consistent basis, but frequent enough that began to developed a love for books (mainly comic). I don't care what he reads as long as he's reading!

As angel approaches the third grade, I want to help jump start a routine with Angel before September. I once read somewhere that as parents we should start a routine with our children two weeks prior to school starting, to help guarantee a successful school year.

Now that Angel is a bit older and his attention span is under controlled I thought I would start to read him chapter books at bedtime. So I googled "the top books to read to your third grader out loud" lucky I came across this awesome Mommy Blog that recommended Wonder. I feel like it is now my duty to share this amazing book that Angel and I are currently reading. We hope you find it just as funny and endearing as we do :) 

Bedtime book: Wonder by Raquel J Palacio-(Publisher summaryAugust (Auggie) Pullman was born with a facial deformity that prevented him from going to a mainstream school—until now. He’s about to start 5th grade at Beecher Prep, and if you’ve ever been the new kid then you know how hard that can be. The thing is Auggie’s just an ordinary kid, with an extraordinary face. But can he convince his new classmates that he’s just like them, despite appearances?

What I'm currently Reading: Invisible by James Patterson-(Publisher summary: Everyone thinks Emmy Dockery is crazy. Obsessed with finding the link between hundreds of unsolved cases, Emmy has taken leave from her job as an FBI researcher. Now all she has are the newspaper clippings that wallpaper her bedroom, and her recurring nightmares of an all-consuming fire)




No comments :

Post a Comment