Friday, July 11, 2014

lets talk Breast




Recently I made a life changing decision about my body, I decided to get a Breast augmentation. It's no secret that recently got a "boob job". I've been openly posting about it on IG and have informed close friends/family about my new and improved change. I decided that I would blog about my experience since I've gotten a ton of questions after surgery & thought that this would be a a good place to explain why, how, cost and everything else. As long as I can remember I've always been fascinated with breast. Boobs have always symbolized womanhood, sexiness & beauty to me. It's one of the main characteristics that tell us women apart from men.
As a young girl going through puberty, I quickly realized that I wasn't as gifted as most girls in middle-school. My mother being a small A and I luckly I graduated to become a full B. 

The summer of 2006 I found out that I was pregnant with Angel & for those who know me know that I had Angel at a very young age, fourteen to be precise and like most mothers I decided to breast feed. Unfortunately Angel was a premature baby (25 weeks gestation) because of that Angel had to be tube fed for many many weeks. Which meant that I had to consistently breast pump. It wasn't long until I realized the damage that breast pumping had done to my "so called" "once upon a time perky" full sized B's boobies making them a FLAT out small B (I emphasize flat). In 2008 I found out I was pregnant with baby#2 Julian (RIP 10.30.08-05.02.09) Joy! I also made a conscious decision to breastfeed & pump with my baby boy! I don't regret breast feeding whatsoever, it was a very thought out decision and I knew my children deserved the "breast" lol get it "breast" hahaha ....... Ater all that trauma my breast went through I was left feeling sad and mutilated. I had an extreme metal breakdown all I could see in the mirror was saggy "mom boobs" at the age of sixteen. I was devastated with the way my breast looked. Mind you, I was & am a single mother of two/now one, so I never had a I significant other judge or influence these thoughts about my body. It was all about what I knew and how I felt in my own skin. I know that in this day in age, society tries to teach our young girls about body image and how important it is to love oneself. However in my case it wasn't about not loving myself, it was more of a self battle of horror. Knowing that I could go through my entire youth with breast that reassembled my mothers who is in her mid-late 60's

Key things to think of when thinking of getting an augmentation: Surgeon Cost Saline v.s silicon Over or under the muscle Size Incision Recovery time Mental preparation

All right, let's get to what y'all want to know cost, pain, size, recovery and more. First I want to start out by saying my PS (plastic surgeon) is awesome! I can't stress how much Dr. Klanier and his staff made me feel comfortable, safe and at ease throughout the entire pre-op and post-op experience. Cost is determined on whether you want saline or silicone, Saline was my choice, and it's about a thousand dollars cheaper! true story. But the difference in price is not the reason I chose saline & I won't get into why I chose saline because will be here all day. My best advice would do your research and do what makes you feel comfortable. Over or under the muscle again; it depends on your surgeon; my surgeon gave me the pros and cons about both & explained that he preferred it to be under the muscle. I trusted and valued his opinion and chose under the muscle based on the facts he presented, But again this is ultimately your decision. All I have to say about size is "go big or go home" lol, if you think you want a certain size time that by two. trust me I did, and I'm glad I did (I still wish I could have gone bigger). I read way too many horror stories online about women going under and coming back unsatisfied due to the size, not only is it expensive, but recovery time is a fucking pain!! Deciding where you won't your incision, you have three options under the armpit, areola or under the fold of your breast. Do your research I preferred not to scar, so I did it through the nips, ladies don't knock the idea of getting through the nips. If you're, allow your body to heal properly and do as your surgeon say you will find sensation again, I know I did, if anything I have way more sensation then I did before post-op! I could sit here and lie & tell you that the recovery is a piece of cake and the meds your surgeon provides will having you recovery like a sweet angelic angel, but that's a bunch of BS! Thankfully, I had an amazing & helpful brother who cared for me through this traumatic experience(I can be very dramatic), I couldn't eat on my own shower, use the restroom, brush my hair stand or sit on my own, so please make sure you have someone to help you. Recovery takes about five to seven days and about three weeks after that life seems a little normal, but in reality it takes about three months for a full recovery. I went back to work on day five, and I wanted to kill myself. I work retail, and I stand about 8-9 hours a day so I mostly felt the pain in my lower-back and I was unable to lift my arms, request off of work for about a week and a half I regret not doing so. Hey! beauty is pain, right? last but not least, make sure this is something you want, and don't focus your time and energy reading about the horrible stories about breast augmentations gone wrong! you will psych yourself out I know I did and there were times that I didn't want to go through with my operation, but fortunately my loves who were supportive convinced me to go through with it. All right lets recap; I choose Dr.kaliner to be my surgeon, it cost about $6,000, and I had 370cc-saline implants filled at 450cc with an incision through the nips and went back to work 5 days after post-op, but recommend a longer recovery time, and I'm extremely happy with my results! p.s when you meet your surgeon for the first time, please make sure to take a list of questions this helped me and will help you know all the facts before going through the process! Here is my list hopes it helps and feel free to add more to yours I know I did! Oh, & for the love of God, please insure your breast! its only about hundred bucks extra, worth every penny!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment